While it may feel like all of your friends are over in Europe hiking the Balkans, road tripping around the Amalfi coast, drinking sangria in Spain or exploring hidden coastal gems in Portugal, it’s only natural for some serious FOMO to kick in if you’re stuck at home.
With a few styling hacks thanks to Vault Interiors Director, Justine Wilson, you can turn your home into a complete Mediterranean oasis to transport your mind, even on the coldest day of winter.
Justine’s top tips on how to bring a taste of the Mediterranean into your home:
- Get the colour palette right – A very simple, stripped back colour palette defines the Mediterranean style, with natural colours inspired by nature.
- It’s all in the details – The small details such as large Euro cushions on the floor, Turkish towels as blankets and rattan baskets or ottomans will help give your living spaces that uniquely Mediterranean feel.
- Outdoor – Scatter cushions across the lounge setting, add small potted plants to the table and hang up some lanterns to create a relaxing and peaceful ambience.
- Don’t neglect the bathroom – Coloured towels, scented candles and soap dispensers can go a long way to dress up a tired space.
- Spruce up your bedroom – A simple bedspread can be elevated by adding in some scatter cushions and a bed throw. You can repeat an accent colour that you’ve used elsewhere in the home or mix it up and try adding a contrasting colour to brighten up the space.