It seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and transforming their spare room, granny flat or entire investment property into beautifully styled short-stay accommodation.
Vault Interiors is excited to announce the ultimate secret to styling your Airbnb, set to make life easier for investment property owners. With a little help from a styling expert, you can achieve all of your Airbnb goals and more in a cost-efficient way!
Sydney Property Styling expert and Director of Vault Interiors, Justine Wilson says, “The fast growing number of Airbnb properties available is a direct result of the current state of the property market. It’s not a great time to sell, especially if you’re hoping to make a profit. Rather than selling, homeowners are opting to list their property on Airbnb to make extra dollars in the meantime.”
“More properties available means stronger competition to capture the attention of potential renters, get those 5 star ratings, and word of mouth! Having a property that stands out from the rest will absolutely make or break your Airbnb success.”
Justine’s top 4 tips for styling your Airbnb property:
1. Basics First
• Think of clever ways to incorporate extra beds without compromising style or space. Soft beds, inbuilt bunks or king beds that split in two are great.
• Keep spare bed linen and towels in the cupboards to accommodate for extra guests. Classic white linen and towels are easy to bleach if they end up stained.
• Opt for longevity rather than bright colours and patterns, you don’t want stylish to tacky in a second.
2. Be Bold
• Quirky vignettes, interesting wall art or gathered objects on display will tell a story and draw in potential guests. Collected objects will help create the overall experience and ensure higher ratings.
3. Snap-worthy Features
• A good listing will have amazing photos that capture tiny details.
• Use a killer view as your main image. Potential guests will imagine themselves admiring the view in real life.
• Create a property brand that people can Instagram and hashtag. Instagram moments such as a cool feature wall will steal your audience’s attention.
4. Five-Star Rating
• Remember, you need to sell an experience, not just a night’s stay. Get to know your guest and the occasion for their stay.
• Play the local card. Leave a list of personal recommendations on where to eat and what to do.