As the sun sets earlier and the temperature plummets, winter can make your home feel dark, dreary and uninviting. Justine Wilson, Sydney Property Styling Expert and Director of Vault Interiors, has shared her top 8 bedroom styling hacks to help your home feel warmer and extra cosy this winter – on-trend of course!
Justine Wilson says, “Having a visually warm environment will enrich all the senses. Creating a cosy atmosphere in your bedroom in winter is as easy as updating your colour scheme and adding new accessories, textures and fabrics. It’s all about creating warmth and a relaxing, comfortable space where you can snuggle up under the blankets with a good book and a cup of tea.”
Justine’s top 8 bedroom styling hacks:
1. It’s all about the layers – Instead of turning up the heater, look to warm
up your bedroom by layering textures and fabrics that will help trap in
heat. Adding a thick wool or faux fur throw to your bed will instantly
create an inviting space.
2. Update your colour scheme – Deep colours including plum, magenta
and mustard echo the falling leaves and natural winter palette. Switch
up your bedroom colour scheme by adding cushions, accessories, vessels
and candles with these rich colours and tones.
3. Add sweet scents – Candles not only look great but also provide much
needed warmth and light. Select a large tray and add a few different
sized candles with winter scents such as vanilla and caramel to set the
ultimate romantic mood.
5. Add some life – Adding a vase of fresh flowers, ferns or succulents on the
bedside table or on top of your dresser will breathe fresh life into your
bedroom. Fresh plants will also help filtrate the air.
6. Light it up – With less natural light in the winter months, incorporating floor
and table lights will help brighten up your bedroom. Try swapping out
cool bulbs for warmer ones to create a more relaxed and comfortable
7. Mirror image – Large-scale mirrors are a great décor item to impact light
levels and make your bedroom feel bigger. A floor length standing mirror
or large wall mirror hung vertically can instantly brighten up the space
and bring warmth and light to your bedroom.
8. Curtains – Thick floor-length curtains create instant insulation and trap in
the heat to keep your bedroom looking and feeling warm and homely
all day long.