This article has been republished with the permission of Furniture Today USA.
Words: Cindy W. Hodnett
Photography: Sourced from Pinterest
Lectra, a technology solutions company headquartered in France, will present a one-day event about mega trends affecting the furniture industry on Tuesday, June 6, in Atlanta.
During the multi-session educational event, attendees will hear several industry professionals overview issues that impact leather manufacturing and production. Sessions include:
- Four Mega Trends, by Limuel Sagadraca, vice president of professional services
- The Future of Leather, by Whitney Tinsley, director of education for Moore & Giles Leather Tannery — Understand the trends affecting the future of both semi-aniline and aniline leathers and how these trends will affect processing, pricing and sourcing of leathers.
- Leather Case Studies From Around the World, by Ketty LeHenaff-Pillet, marketing director, furniture — See how companies around the world have enhanced and changed their manufacturing to move toward leather operational excellence.
- Leather Yield Improvement through Nesting Simulations, Costing & Reporting, by Emmanuel Bontemps, senior leather expert, Lectra North America — Review how to efficiently anticipate leather production and through reporting, improve production output. Find out how leather costing and simulations can help companies more effectively plan product roll-out, production and anticipate leather costs.
- Leather Product Demonstration, by Emmanuel Bontemps, senior leather expert, Lectra North America — A live demonstration of Lectra’s leather cutting solution, customer support services, cutting room software and their role in delivering operational excellence. The Versalis Furniture Solution for leather offers the balance between flaw identification, nesting, cutting and offloading to boost efficiency, optimize material use and improve reliability.
- Processing Aniline (Shaded) Hides, by Emmanuel Bontemps, senior leather expert, Lectra North America — This session will address the concerns of processing the more complex shading of aniline hides. Through a combination of manual nesting and automatic nesting, Lectra will share how to optimize this production process while standardizing the visual appearance of the most delicate pieces.
- ROI on a Cutting Room Investment, by Chris Young, director furniture sales NA, and David Fowkes, NA account manager — Walk through Lectra’s ROI calculator using example scenarios to better understand the value of a leather cutting solution.
The event will be held at Lectra’s North America offices. For more information, go to http://go.lectra.com.